THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR OF AUGUST 8, 1927 QUOTED FROM AN ADDRESS TO THE World Federation of Education Associations (WFEA) at their Toronto, Canada conference delivered
by Dr. Augustus Thomas, commissioner of education for the state of Maine. Excerpts from Dr. Thomas’s revealing address follow:
“If there are those who think we are to jump immediately into a new world order, actuated by complete understanding and brotherly love, they are doomed to disappointment. If we are ever to approach that time, it will be after patient and persistent effort of long duration. The present international situation of mistrust and fear can only be corrected by a formula of equal status, continuously applied, to every phase of international contacts, until the cobwebs of the old order are brushed out of the minds of the people of all lands. This means that the world must await a long process of education and a building up of public conscience and an international morality, or, in other words, until there is a world-wide sentiment which will back up the modern conception of a world community. This brings us to the international mind, which is nothing more or less than the habit of thinking of foreign relations and business affecting the several countries of the civilized world as free co-operating equals.”
Comment from Charlotte: In 1971, when we were on our way to Maine to live, I visited friends and attended an artistic/cultural dinner function in Bedford, New York. I sat next to the brother of Leonard Bernstein (New York Philharmonic). He wrote for The New Yorker. He asked me where I lived and I said we’re moving to Maine. He then told me he had friends who were attending the John F. Kennedy School of Government who had just left to spend time in Augusta, Maine, helping “Mainers” restructure Maine Government.
1. Jeff And Charlotte Iserbyt – Americans Lost It In Maine (read especially from 17:32 min. through 21:53 min.)
2. LATEST RE MUELLER INVESTIGATION:
Don’t forget Rexford Tugwell drafted The New States Constitution. Don’t forget Paul Manafort, Trump’s first campaign manager, was Director at one time of the Center for Democratic Institutions, which has always favored Tugwell’s “New States Constitution”.
5. My piece Soviets in the Classroom
9. “Conclusions and Recommendations for the Social Studies” funded by the tax-exempt Carnegie Corporation of New York, published in 1934, is the most important report ever written on the future of American education. All its recommendations and its philosophy are an intrinsic part of education in the United States today. Professor Harold Laski, a philosopher of British socialism, said of this report: “At bottom, and stripped of its carefully neutral phrases, the report is an educational program for a ‘Socialist America’. One excerpt from this important report reads “The implications for education are clear and imperative: (a) the efficient functioning of the emerging economy and the full utilization of its potentialities require profound changes in the attitudes and outlook of the American people, especially the rising generation–a complete and frank recognition that the old order is passing, that the new order is emerging, (pp. 34-35).
13. Christopher Story: Lenin’s Satanic World Revolution Christopher Story visited the Iserbyts in Bath, Maine in the mid-90s.